I get asked a lot on this.
Fitri, what kind of pictures should I use on my website?
One aspect that most website owner overlook is showing how success looks like.
People want to be able to visualize how their life will be better off with your service/product.
Your pictures should do that.
If you’re contemplating whether you are using the right photos, here are few questions that you should ask, to see whether you are on the right track:
- What emotion is conveyed in this picture?
- Is there any picture of success in this photo?
- How can I relate this photo to my service/product?
If you can answer those three, kudos! You are using the right photos.
If the answer is otherwise, you’ll need to find different photos to reflect those.
Resources to download free photos:
1. Unsplash.com – My personal favourite. Lots of high quality, royalty-free photos
2. Pexels.com – Similar to Unsplash, but slightly less variety.
3. Pixabay.com – My third favourite.